Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Next Day Delivery
Thistlex is a very effective translocated product for both creeping and spear thistle. It is very safe to grass.
Thistles need controlling because they:
- compete with grass for space, light, nutrients and water
- are unpalatable to stock
- lead to greater incidence of Orf
- reduce the available grazing
Use Thistlex because:
- It gives outstanding control of creeping thistle and spear thistle
- It gives up to 85% control 12 months after application
- It also has activity on common nettle and dandelion
Thistlex does not hold back grass growth after application
Maximise success – do it with PRIDE
Product: The combination of clopyralid and triclopyr maximises activity on thistles giving excellent lasting control.
Rate: Apply between 1st March and 31st October. Use once per year at a rate of 1.0 L/ha in a water volume of 200 L/ha. Use higher water volumes up to 400 L/ha where thistle numbers are high or the grass sward dense. Reducing water volume, to speed up spraying operations, leads to poorer long-term control of thistles.
- Use on grazing grassland or silage, hay or haylage ground.
- Take stock out during spraying then return no sooner than 7 days later.
- Once sprayed, wait a minimum of 3 weeks prior to any planned cutting to maximise translocation into the thistle roots.
- Thistlex is not approved for use by hand-held equipment, e.g. knapsack or lance. Choose GrazonPro for these uses.
- Target actively growing plants in the rosette stage and up to 200mm across or high. If larger than this consider topping and spraying the regrowth 2-3 weeks later.
Environment: Avoid treating weeds suffering from waterlogging, drought stress or cold stress.